Reach out to Millman Search Group: [email protected]
Construction SIte Project Supervisor
$75,000 - $85,000
Apr 12, 2017
Our Client is one of America’s largest privately held real estate companies. Our client owns and manages over 700 properties encompassing over 40 million square feet in 38 states. The diverse portfolio includes retail, office, industrial, hotel, residential, and land holdings.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and review of construction plans for assigned projects. Plan and design commercial site development in coordination with building construction. Review architectural plans and coordinate with civil plans.
- Develop construction specifications, prepare takeoffs, estimate/determine cost of construction, seek bids, solicit and evaluate subcontract proposals, negotiate contracts and monitor site development costs..
- Review environmental impact studies and coordinate with Right to Build for incorporation of requirements into civil plans. Review drawings and insure proper log in and compliance with all requirements of plans.
- Responsible for follow up on status of shop drawing submittals with Architect, Engineer, and Contractors for each week’s progress review meeting and report on the results.
- Assign and schedule contractors and monitor construction costs. Issue change orders and purchase orders.
- Coordinate development of immediate removal plans and remedial action plans/procedures for the disposition of contaminated groundwater and soil. Coordinate and follow through with service requirements and path from all utility companies for power, telephone and natural gas.
- Prepare project closeout documentation and final report. Do final walk through, insure proper completion of work, insure change orders completed properly. Assure receipt of Certificate of Insurance, contract and bonds.
- In coordination with Right to Build, attend government hearings, obtain necessary permits and documents required in construction.
- Monitor construction costs and audit budgets; make necessary adjustment to keep costs within budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum 5 to 8 years experience in coordinating site construction activities for multi-commercial properties. Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills. 4 year degree preferred (construction or civil engineering). Experience/expertise in construction of commercial and retail centers including design and layout and management of contractors and subcontractors. Experience in costs, takeoffs and bid analysis.
Reports to Director of Site Construction. Continuous communications with contractors to determine problems, needs analysis and review overall scope of projects. Communicate with executive management to discuss project development. Interface with engineering firms, contractors, public utility companies and government officials.