POSITION: DIRECTOR of MARKETING
One of the Mid Atlantic region's largest private real estate developers is seeking a Director of Marketing for a major enclosed shopping center in the Baltimore MD Metro area.
Job Description: The Marketing Director will be responsible for marketing, advertising and managing the strategic marketing plan as well as the digital marketing strategy for the shopping center with a targeted focus on programs to increase retail sales, ancillary revenue, and traffic. The Marketing Director must be able to represent the mall to our customers, tenants, community stakeholders and ownership in a positive manner. The candidate must drive the program and effectively collaborate and work with the corporate marketing team in curating events, advertising and marketing programs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Create, execute and manage the annual marketing budget and marketing business plan, inclusive of monthly reforecasting and variance.
• Update quarterly marketing reports in a timely manner for ownership comments and final approval.
• Responsible for monthly update of traffic, tenant sales and trends, website and social media data as well as gift card status.
• Plan and undertake an up to date market research study via a third party to provide the most current demographic and shopper profile data.
• Partner with and manage media buying agency and media production contractors inclusive of securing media and providing content and copy as necessary.
• Focus, listen and manage social, mobile and digital media platforms to respond to customer and industry trends inclusive of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Yelp, and Google Analytics. This plan shall also create a Content Calendar to identify opportunities for engaging content.
• Manage an effective e-mail and SMS messaging strategy to inform patrons of programs, events and merchant promotions.
• Manage and update the mall’s website and digital media channels as needed.
• Manage directory updates both digitally and traditionally.
• Identify key opportunities and create engaging experiential events by developing and executing a series of events, expos, entertainment, and loyalty programs among other initiatives as required to drive traffic and engage the community and increase sales.
• Maintain an effective media relations plan to gain exposure for newly opened tenants and for the shopping center. Manage a tourism marketing plan as necessary.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/EXPERIENCE/COMMON AREA
• Effectively manage the existing Guest Services program including monitoring the performance, analyzing trends and planning for the future as technology changes in accordance with customer demand.
• Oversee the Gift Card program with the assistance of the Guest Services Manager with a focus on increasing retailer sales via the program.
• Coordinate and manage the visual merchandising, signage and barricade graphics plan to maintain an upscale shopping environment.
• Responsible for developing and implementing a retailer relations strategy to improve programming, communications and outreach to our merchant partners.
• Manage and sell the Media sponsorship program and identify opportunities to sell mall media assets, negotiate and manage the photo concession contracts, and other entertainment programs to benefit financial sales goals of the property without compromising the integrity of the asset.
• Manage the communication alert system and identify opportunities to expand upon the program.
• Assist the General Manager to help foster relationships with key county and community organizations.
• Plan, purchase, and manage the installation/removal of the seasonal holiday décor package/s.
• Participate where necessary with prospective retailers and provide demographic data, shopper profile and local market information.
• Focus when necessary on specific targeted retailers, drive awareness and increase sales.
• Assist in the development of custom leasing materials.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (2) years of strong marketing, management, event and advertising experience.
• Shopping center marketing experience recommended
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, selling and negotiation skills when interacting with others.
• Sound fiscal management and budgeting skills.
• Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills (along with strong writing skills).
• Proficient social media skills.
• Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends, some evenings and holidays when necessary.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously