This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Operations Pro coming out of a luxury/ gourmet grocery setting with experience running multiple locations or large volume stand alones.
Position Summary: Partner with President and Owner to set strategy and provide leadership needed to improve sales, service and operations for locally based multiple gourmet grocery retail stores in Baltimore, Maryland. The incumbent will manage three store managers and monitor performance of fifteen salaried department managers. Role priorities are Strategic Planning, Financial Performance, Sales Merchandising, Process Improvement, Employee Relations and Problem Resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends and implements strategic changes and policies to ensure efficient store operations and to improve sales and profit.
- Identifies trends and forecasts and leads budget process and implementation.
- Establishes operations standards for cost control, quality, safety and delivery of customer service.
- Collaborates with other business leaders in Company to improve policies, practices and performance throughout organization.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to Store Managers and staff using a management style that fosters development and diversity.
- Identifies and executes improvement initiatives to ensure consistent legendary customer satisfaction.
- Challenges and inspires partners, direct reports and staff to achieve business results.
- Partners with other business leaders in Company to ensure training and development, effective staffing decisions, succession planning, and legal compliance.
- Must have Progressive experience (10-15 years) managing multi-unit grocery retail with strong customer service orientation, preferably in a high end merchandise environment.
- Financial analysis and profit and loss responsibilities.
- Creative and successful merchandising strategies and business development examples.
- Progressively responsible leadership experience.
- Buying experience a big plus!
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Selected candidate will demonstrate resourcefulness, good judgment and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to apply business principles and practices to planning and project management and change processes.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Can work effectively with all levels of diverse employees.
- Must be a results oriented professional with outstanding customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, works will under pressure and is able to demonstrate sound judgment, troubleshoot issues, ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team in a fast-paced environment using a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office.
The company offers an excellent health benefits and vacation package plus relocation !