Reach out to Millman Search Group: [email protected]
$70,000 - $80,000
Apr 12, 2017
Perform daily leasing & administrative duties to assist Senior Leasing Agent. Research and source perspective tenants, interfacing with all tenants, vendors, and other personnel to professionally lease & maintain company retail properties. Identify prospects and lease space in new developments, as well as lease present spaces and out parcels.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of retail centers that offer customers pleasant and entertaining activities to create the atmosphere of a visit to the retail center as an event rather than an errand or occurrence. Insure easy and safe access, parking and pleasant shopping experiences
- Research and supply demographic information for appropriate radius. Review property plot plans, elevations, parking availability and building amenities.
- Coordinate the preparation of Marketing Plans and Marketing/Leasing materials and packages. Assist designated staff member with review and recommendation of marketing and advertising strategies
- Respond to prospective inquiries by phone and in person for prospective tenants. Conduct tours of the properties for perspective tenants. Keep Senior Leasing Agents and executive management abreast of property leasing activity/status reports
- Develop relationships with prospective tenants through cold-calling and networking. Develop a network on a local, regional and (as called upon) national level to attain prospective tenants. Develop prospective tenant list for each assigned property. Identify appropriate contacts for potential tenant prospects. Maintain relationships with existing Tenants. Initiate and maintain excellent tenant relations. Develop and follow through on traditional and nontraditional leasing strategies for properties to attract perspective tenants on a local, regional and national level under the direction of the President
- Aide in preparing leasing documents. Insure that occupied and unoccupied inventory of real estate is maintained in a current manner
- Ensure information obtained remain confidential, to include, but not limited to rental application, applicant or tenant financial information, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party brokerage community
- Monitor each property’s future lease expirations and Facilitate lease renewals. Monitor and report market conditions. Review property listings and maintain current market surveys
- Review budget and operation reports required to monitor tenant payments. Cooperate with internal departments in obtaining payments timely from tenants
- Maximize a property’s current rent revenues and protecting the potential of future rent revenues by insuring proper tenant mixtures during the leasing process.
- Monitor move-ins and insure new tenants are welcomed
Leasing Agent I Page 2
- Lease retail space to tenants with the value added upside and inflation hedge of percentage rents based on gross sales at the point of purchase. Insure a tenant mix and design that enhance both destination and impulse buying.
- Monitor and as called upon coordinate tenant improvement work with departments throughout the company, including Construction Management, Property Management, Right to Build department, Architectural department. Assist Senior Leasing Agents with New Development coordination
- Assist in the determination and support of company strategies and procedures in the continuing development of retail properties. Contribute information in operation meetings and discussions that leads to the improvement and success of objectives.
- Assist Senior Leasing Agents in negotiating lease transactions by working closely with Executive Management and Legal department. Understand tenant credit worthiness and tenant appreciation of the center through marketing of the retail center, and upside prospects of rents (contract and percentage). Provide negotiating strategies with each prospective tenant under the direction of the President.
Knowledge, skills or abilities
Qualified candidates must have at least 3 to 5 years proven experience in commercial & retail leasing, or experience in overseeing retail sales on a regional basis. Proven sales and negotiation skills and in working with team members and have strategic planning skills. Excellent writing, communication, & research/networking skills required. High level of motivation and work ethic. Position requires evening hours & weekends. 2/4 year Business Degree Preferred
Report to Senior Leasing Agent and Company President. Work closely/daily with all levels of the management team, including Legal, construction, Property Management, Development/Right to Build/Engineering, and Architectural in making decisions vital to leasing of properties.
Normal dexterity required in office environment including hand-eye coordination, walking, sitting, bending, stooping, standing, alertness (attention to detail) and answering of phones. Computer input; May require lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds to obtain filed information
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.